Compensation: Academic Credit
UPO Community Development Corporation’s mission is to establish housing for low to moderate income families and promote job creation through economic development in the District of Columbia and its residents.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for the study, development, and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy. Components of the strategy will include creation of print advertising material and development of social media strategy.
- The Marketing intern will report to the Chief Administrative Officer.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
- Conduct market research analysis for creation of advertising and marketing campaign.
- Analyze, plan and implement a marketing strategy to reach target market and build partnerships and clientele.
- Responsible for design and dissemination of print and electronic advertising material.
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) to enhance website traffic.
- Deliver content via email, direct mail, and social media avenues (LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook).
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must be enrolled in Bachelor’s degree or higher with concentration in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
- One or more years experience in a clerical and/or administrative support capacity with increasing responsibility.
- Knowledge of client servicing, create conceptualization, pre and post campaign analysis, market research, branding, digital strategy, and marketing and PR.
- Highly proficient with Apple and Windows software –with understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of marketing principles and strategies
- Knowledge of B2B Marketing
- Excellent verbal (including professional telephone skills) and written English communication.
- Must have excellent communication, writing (includes grammar and punctuation), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise independent judgment in repeated and routine responsibilities and accomplish assignments in a timely manner.
- Organized with attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate appropriately with a diverse staff and external constituents.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to provide support to professional staff
- Ability to work flexible hours
Submit your resume by fax to 202-588-0270 — Attn: Lanee Johnson.
UPO Community Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.